Sunday, May 29, 2005

A Farewell To Fleas

The dirty little bastards! Geof is a little fleabag. Somehow fleas have decided that my son's blood would make the perfect feast. I haven't had a single bite, but Geof is covered with them and claws himself until he bleeds. I've vaccumed, sprayed, salted, etc etc. I don't know what else to do. I've been researching natrual flea remedies all morning and have found several new ideas to try. We'll see how that goes. It's not like we live in a pig sty either, and our cat ran away 3 weeks ago. We never had a flea problem when that cat was here. Maybe he's been visiting us from the afterworld. So, dear reader, do you have any suggestions? I really don't want to expose my son to harmful chemicals...I want to kill the fleas not him.

2 Comments:

Blogger Deneen said...

Amanda-

A lot of times, especially this time of year, the fleas are sandfleas, which, of course are from outside. You brink one in on your clothes and that's it, the replicate!

Anyway, some people are more prone to getting bitten (my baby brother is one of those people), something about their scent, etc.

I've had a flea problem or two in my day and I hate to admit it, but none of the natural crap worked. Finally, after all the vaccumning in the world, they wouldn't leave. My remedy, a flea bomb. It's a hassle, but when you are going to visit you parents overnight, set one off in the living room and LEAVE IMMEDIATELY. After about 8 hours (or longer) come back, vaccumn, wipe down all surfaces in the house (for Geoff's safety). This is the ONLY thing that worked. I am not a chemical fan, but after a week of cleaning like made and using natural remedies, this worked and I was kicking myself for not doing it immediately.

The bombs aren't expensive and easy to use.

And put anti-itch stuff on Geoff or else he'll scratch and get the bites infected and get sick.

May 29, 2005 7:22 PM  
Blogger Mandi said...

Thank you Deneen, I've just about come to that very same conclusion...so far he hasn't had any more trouble so we'll see how long that lasts. My next plan of attack is a bomb. Several people have suggested that, too. We'll see.

May 30, 2005 6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon