Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Always Look On the Bright Side Of Death!

I'm sitting here eating my breakfast of 3 eggs fried in butter...which a bit odd for me since I'm a scrambled egg kind of gal. I'm sipping on a cup of sweet n' creamy coffee that I've iced down....it's too hot to be drinking hot coffee already this morning. Geof is running around with his little water gun yelling, "BANG!! BANG!! BANG!!" I asked him what he was doing and he replied simply, "Shooting the cat." This cat is great...and I don't like cats at all. This one is growing on me! Geof gets along so well with him. I guess I should say that the cat gets along well with/tolerates Geof. Geof can get a little rough at times, but it's all out of love. Nathaniel is having a little better time this week. He said the other day that he pulled into a truck stop and had to park his rig in a way that he had to back up into his blind spot. He said that when he got it stopped his CB blew up with all the other truckers calling in to give him kudos. I was glad to hear that. Nathaniel sounded pretty pleased with himself. Sometimes it's just the small things that can get you out of a slump. It doesn't hurt either that in only 4 days now he can sleep in his own bed next his wife who absolutely thinks the world of him more and more everyday.
Bachelors. I spent all day yesterday cleaning the apartment of a friend of mine. A dude. A bachelor dude. Holy Shithole Batman! I was there from 11am-6pm. I might have been done a little sooner, but I had to bring Geof along with me. At least he paid me to do it...and I worked hard for that money! The toilets looked like they hadn't been cleaned in about 3 years. The living room carpet had big dark stains all over it. The kitchen hadn't been swept in a very long time. The sink drain was growing something. When I was finished I came straight home and took a very long hot shower. I felt bad for him, I mean I know he was embarrassed about it but I was glad to help out. He looks like a big mean man, but is a total sweetheart. He's been working 2 jobs lately and just hasn't had the time nor the energy to clean his place up. He has a friend moving in with him next week so it needed to get done. Mandi to the rescue!!
We have the most awesomest landlord. I had to call him up yesterday to ask if we could pay him half the rent today and the other half on Friday when Nathaniel gets paid again. I had been dreading this call all weekend. Everett said that we could do whatever we needed to and I told him that we really appreciated his patience and understanding and that we really enjoyed living here. I wasn't buttering him up just trying to express to a hard working country man that we thought a lot of him. He said that he thought a lot of the three of us. etc. etc. We're really lucky to have someone like him as our landlord other wise we'd be on the streets.
Ok, to explain the title of this post...for those of you out there who may have read it and thought I was on the brink of suicide. I sat down to write this post and usually I have the title already in my head. Today was no different, and the first thing that popped was a little tune from a Monty Python movie called "Life of Brian". The scene in the movie where this little tune appears is where Brian and several others are being crucified and they all start singing this cheery little tune...
"Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" from Monty Python's "Life of Brian"

Cheer up, Brian. You know what they say.
Some things in life are bad,
They can really make you mad.
Other things just make you swear and curse.
When you're chewing on life's gristle,
Don't grumble, give a whistle!
And this'll help things turn out for the best...
And...

(the music fades into the song)

...always look on the bright side of life!
(whistle)

Always look on the bright side of life...
If life seems jolly rotten,
There's something you've forgotten!
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing,

When you're feeling in the dumps,
Don't be silly chumps,
Just purse your lips and whistle -- that's the thing!
And... always look on the bright side of life...

(whistle)
Come on!

(other start to join in)
Always look on the bright side of life...
(whistle)

For life is quite absurd,
And death's the final word.
You must always face the curtain with a bow!
Forget about your sin -- give the audience a grin,
Enjoy it -- it's the last chance anyhow!

So always look on the bright side of death!
Just before you draw your terminal breath.
Life's a piece of shit,
When you look at it.

Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true,
You'll see it's all a show,
Keep 'em laughing as you go.
Just remember that the last laugh is on you!

And always look on the bright side of life...
(whistle)
Always look on the bright side of life
(whistle)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon