Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Whoa...That's Weird

The Tale of the Missing Cherries

Our sweet little cherry tree had four sweet little cherries on it this morning, and now there are none!! They would have been ripe this weekend. I'm kinda bummed because I was looking forward to Nathaniel seeing them and us sharing the fruits of our first "harvest". Yeah, I'm a total bonehead. When Nathaniel comes home I really enjoy our little walks around the yard. We inspect all the new growth in the garden and with our trees. I like to garden, but he loves it. I know he misses not being able to get his hands dirty when he's out on the road. He dug up one of our mums and planted it in a half gallon bucket just so he would have some greenery in the truck with him. I really hope that it was some sort of wildlife that got to enjoy our juicy, sweet cherries and not some dipshit bastard.

Mommy, I'm Scared

I will admit that at twenty three years old I am still afraid of the things that go bump in the night. I have a very active and creative imagination when it comes to these things. Geof has really freaked me out a couple times. A few minutes ago I heard him calling for me and opened his bedroom door to find him curled up against it with his nose under the crack at the bottom. He was really scared about something. I asked him what was wrong and he said that his bed made a noise. Geof is no weenie. He's a tough little boy. But something really scared him. I was in the room right beside his and I didn't hear anything.Another time I heard him playing in his room and talking. He came out a few minutes later and I asked him who he was talking to and he said "Cassie". My pulse quickened a bit because that was my younger sister's name who died 10 years ago this coming November. Goosebumps!! The thing is I've never talked with him about her and I don't talk about her very much. She's always in my thoughts, but I just don't talk about her. I thought I grieved her death and got over it. But it's getting harder instead of easier to let go. That's a whole other drawn out post.

I've Found A Lump

I woke up in the night last night and my wrist was itching. I didn't think anything of it. It's been itchy all day but I never noticed a bite or a rash, I thought it was dry skin. I noticed a little while ago that there is a lump on the inside of my wrist on the pinky finger side. I pushed on it and it was a little tender. I pushed on it some more and the lump started spasming. I let go and it stopped. I kept pushing on it and it sounds and feels like there's something rubbing together in there....almost like when you rub a balloon. Kinda weird.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon