Sunday, June 05, 2005

You Can Call Me Susie Homemaker

I really lucked out when I chose my mate. He cooks, he cleans, he brings home the bacon, he's a creative caring lover, superb father, and he makes it possible for me to stay home and care for our son. He drives a truck now and we see him for about 3 days every 2 weeks. I have been spoiled with all the terrific dinners he would prepare when he was home. Now, I'm the cook. I'm not horrible at it. I mean, I can do a little better than Ramen noodles or macaroni and cheese, but I'm no chef. Tonight Geof and I had pinto beans with ham and red onion and a pasta salad. I also made a dessert...from scratch!! I liked it and Geof inhaled it. Of course that's not really saying a lot because neither of us are picky eaters. I feel so womanly.

Geof played outside most of the day and of course came in filthy from head to toe. That's muh boy!! He took his shower, got slathered up with baby lotion, and we read his favorite story...Thomas and the School Trip. We both have it memorized. We sang some silly songs and talked about our day and as we're giving our goodnight hugs and kisses he wraps his arms around my neck and says, "Goodnight, Super Mom." My knees wanted to buckle leaving a blubbering mess on the floor but I just said "Goodnight, Super Geof." And no, the compliment came without any coaxing. Although he is two, he may have thought he was saying, "Hey Mom, your breath smells like poop." He did say the other day after stumbling and falling down that he was a "big drunk". Where the hell do they get these things? Ahhhh, some days it really rocks to be somebody's mama.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon