Thursday, July 14, 2005

A Few Quick Tales

I had my husband for a few hours last night!! He ran out of hours a few minutes from the house last night so he had to shut down his truck for the evening. Unfortunately, where he stopped did not allow trailers to be left there over night. Geof and I picked him up went to the grocery store, and brought him home, fixed dinner, played for a while then took him back to the truck where he had to sleep. How crappy is that? The man is less than 15 minutes from home, but he can't sleep in his own bed! URGH!! At least we got to see him. Geof was so excited when I told him we were going to get Daddy. It really breaks my heart that he misses him so much. Honestly, I thought he was too young to really know what's going on. But he's a smart bugger and I guess I shouldn't sell him so short.

Yesterday I announced to Geof that I was going to take a shower and he replied, "Thank you!" What a little stinker!

I was stopped at a red light the other day waiting to turn right. Usually I would go but at this particular intersection it's difficult to see what's coming from the left so I waited for the light to change. Some dipshit behind me lays on the horn. This is the embarrassing part...I got all ghetto/redneck and yell out the window, "I can't see what's coming and I'm not about to risk my child's life so you can get somewhere 2 minutes faster, asshole!! I never do that but damn if it didn't feel good!! I was so pissed off that I was shaking. Looking back I feel like the asshole. Oh well, we all have our days.

Our gladiolus are blooming and it is really pretty around here lately. The tomatoes are looking awesome and I'm foaming at the mouth to eat one, but they're all still green. When he was younger, Nathaniel worked on a tomato farm in southern Illinois. He's the tomato expert/grower. Since he's taken this truck driving job, I've become the master gardener around here. And if I do say so myself things look MAH-VELOUS!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon