Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Oh, Them Dukes!

So I took Geof to story time at the library today. Holy crapola batman!! What an eye opener it was. Either Geof is super high strung or the other kids were on valium. I'm also thinking that it was a mistake taking him on story time for toddlers day. The other kids sat with their mothers all nice and quiet. Mine was all over the place; asking the reader all kinds of questions about the pictures in the book, spinning around, talking to the other kids, etc. When it was time for singing and dancing he enjoyed himself so much he asked for an encore. I think the crowd was too young for him. There is a story time for preschoolers on Mondays so we may try that. I'm very glad that he is so out going because I was a shy child. I dunno, he wasn't horrible or anything but it was interesting to compare his behavior with that of other kids. He doesn't get to interact with kids his own age much at all. Maybe he was a bit over stimulated. From there the day wasn't any less interesting. He was a holy terror after that though. He didn't get to eat ice cream after dinner or watch the Dukes of Hazzard. I know, I can hear the collective groans and gasps out there but this kid loves the Dukes. Whatever. All in all the trip to the library wasn't a complete disaster. I got some books, Geof got some books, and everyone survived. Later this evening we had to sing the "If You're Happy & You Know It" song, which they did at the library so I'm thinking all is well.

1 Comments:

Blogger Deneen said...

He just got a bit overstimulated, happens to Elena once in while at story time. Try the other class and see how that goes.

August 17, 2005 6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon