Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Because People Like To Say Salsa!! OR You're Stupid

I couldn't decide on which title I liked best for this post, so I used them both...explanations to follow.

So I did the Susie Homemaker thing yesterday and made my own salsa AND canned it. Woohoo, go me, right? It only made 2 pints and 1 quart, but I'm pleased. All in all our tomato crop was better than last years so I'm not going to complain. The plants are kaput now and I've got only two words to say about it....THANK GOD!!! Don't get me wrong, I love home grown tomatoes just as much as any country gal, but they were getting to be a pain in the ass. Some sort of disease finally got the best of them.

I also did the Rosie Riveter thing yesterday too. Let me just start off by saying that keys and I do not get along very well. I've locked and or lost them in trunks, cars, lockers, cars with Geof still inside, and now my house. I was in the midst of a terrible nicotine fit and had had enough. I had everything together for a quick trip to the gas station for a pack of smokes. Yes, I have no will power. No sooner did the door shut when I realized that my keys are still sitting in their little dish!! SHIT!! My exclamations echoed through the neighborhood. Luckily I remembered my cell phone and called the landlord. His wife answered and I told her my situation. The living room window was open so I told her that if I couldn't get the screen off, to have her husband bring a key. I hung up and got to work. It took some cussing, wiggling, giggling, and fanageling but I got it. The house alarm was on so I had to crawl along the back of the couch so as not to set off the motion detectors and over to the control panel. Success!! I grabbed the key, called the landlord's wife to cancel my backup, and went merrily on to the gas station. Yes, I wanted my smokes that bad. I guess I should have taken the hassle as a sign, but I'm much too stubborn.

Now for today's happenings. Geof was in a really good mood yesterday and this morning. He's been a little shit for the past month so it was nice to have a little less stressful couple of days. He ate all of his breakfast and was pretending to be a monster. I then pretended to be the Mommy Monster and stole some kisses and tickles. He liked this a lot...I did too. He gave me a bunch of sticky hugs and kisses and was absolutely making my morning. It wouldn't last. As I walked away he said kind of hurriedly and under his breath, "You're stupid." Little shit!! We've been over this several times...how he should say "silly" instead of "stupid". I whirled around and asked him what he had said and he smiled so devilishly sweetly and says "You're silly." He's also started this thing where when I tell him I love him he says, "I don't love you." I then explain that that isn't very nice to say to someone. I know he doesn't really understand but things like that still sting. Guess it's all an exercise to toughen up my skin for when he becomes a teenager and says the same kinds of things, or worse.

1 Comments:

Blogger Deneen said...

It's amazing what we will do for a smoke-scary even. So you fell off the wagon, smoke the pack and get back on.

As for Geoff, welcome to the world of toddlers. They love you like crazy, but also love to push your buttons. Elena told me I had a big ass the other day. When I told her "ass" wasn't a nice word, she informed me it was another word for butt. She had no idea it was a "bad" word. Now, before she says a "new" word, she asks me if it's a bad one.

Yes, Geoff is toughening you up for the teen years, which will come faster than you can imagine!

September 14, 2005 7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon