Thursday, October 20, 2005

Typing Out Loud

Well, the St. Louis Cardinals aren't going to the World Series. My world isn't rocked too hard, but I'm just a fan by marriage. Nathaniel and Geof were born with Cardinal fever.

I am so loving these cool nights. I think I have a touch of change-of-season blues, though. Every year around this time I always seem to reflect a little too much on the past. But I snap out of it pretty quickly when I open my eyes and see where I am today. I'm wiser and happier than I've ever been before.

Geof decided to share his cold with me...how thoughtful of him. Luckily it's a short-lived illness and we're both pretty much back to normal except for some chest congestion. Nathaniel left out for a 3 week run on Monday. He will be stopping by the house for a shower and lunch today because he'll be in the area. Geof is excited. I think he's becoming aware enough of Nathaniel's absences to miss him now. Last time Nathaniel was out, Geof talked about him constantly. He'd say, "Guess what...Daddy's gonna come see me tomorrow!" Unfortunately he would begin saying things like that the day Nathaniel left. The longer we're in this routine, the shorter the time Nathaniel is away seems to be...which is nice. It's become kinda odd to have someone here other than Geof and myself.

On to more health news...
For the past month I've had the same rash type thing bugging me. I would post a link to another post explaining it further, but I can't find the original post and also discovered that this blog is peppered with posts referring to it. Plus, I'm too lazy at the moment to go looking too hard. Sorry. I have my suspicions as to what it might be, but I'm afraid of the truth. I know, I hate it when people say that too. It's a shame that health care in this country is so damned expensive. At any rate, if it lasts much longer I'm going to see a doctor. Should I go to a dermatologist or a family doctor?

I guess I better get ready for the day, I'm still in my pj's, and there are still dishes in the sink to be washed! Take care everyone and have a great day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon