Friday, November 11, 2005

Gotta Love A Bargain!

I'm such a dork. Given my station in life I guess it's no surprise that my interests have changed drastically from what they were say 4 years ago. I crave new recipes, dream about dishwashers and vacuum cleaners that work and don't lose suction, actually look at a sales papers, peruse the online underworld of bargain hunters, etc. I saw a special report on my local news a few weeks ago about saving money shopping online and I would like to pass it on you my dear reader(s). You know when shopping online, sometimes you can get a great deal if you know some secret code? Here's a site with all kinds of secret codes for you to use to save tons of money it's called, oddly enough, Current Codes. The other online haven for thrifty folks is called Deal Hunting. I like the second site best. If you check out the forums you'll find freebies, samples, contests, etc. I got a free pair of Haynes panties!!!! See, there's my dorkdom showing through right there.

I would also like to give some props to the makers of ALL fabric refresher. This stuff is about a dollar cheaper than Febreze, smells better, and lasts longer. What more could you ask for?! My mom told me about this stuff and now Nathaniel and I are hooked. He even keeps a bottle in his truck.

Another great product I've found. I am one of the "lucky" gals out there who has to use conditioner. If I don't, I will have a huge rat's nest on my head and a very unhappy morning. I also, gasp! , color my hair so I really need a good conditioner. So, a few weeks ago I was wandering through the isles of my favorite bargain grocery store, GO, when I discovered St Ives Revitalizing Conditioner. A light shone down and that angelic "Aaaaahhhhhhh" sounded. Oh, don't laugh you know what I'm talking about. Let me tell you, this stuff was sent directly from heaven. It leaves my hair so perfectly conditioned that I can run a brush through it while it's still wet. It doesn't leave me looking like a total grease ball at the end of the day either. Also, it makes my hair smell sooo good...like the old formula for Pantene used to. I don't know what they did but I miss the old smell of Pantene...those fuckers! Anyhoo, just wanted to throw that out there. Enjoy!

There, that is the end of my free advertising campaign. I really hope, though, that someone out there will find any of this helpful. I realize there are a lot of us out there pinching our pennies.

Now I really feel like I've come out of the dork closet!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this post, thanks! I use www.grocerygame.com every week. They have great forums too :-)

Happy shopping!

November 11, 2005 11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon