Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Home Again

Nathaniel and I returned home from the road at about 2:30 Christmas morning. We were a bit delayed by some of the loads we had to carry so we got in several hours later than we had hoped. As soon as we got in we set to wrapping last minute gifts and washing up some laundry. We wanted to be at my folks place before Geof got up so we headed down that way at around 5am. We had been awake since 10am the previous morning so we loaded up on coffee and headed out. I drove. I didn't have any trouble staying awake though I felt like I was high or drunk. I sobered up really quickly when I was driving east bound on I-40 only to meet some dumb fuck driving west bound in my fucking lane!!!!! I got over, laid on the horn, and let several choice words fly. I've never been so pissed in my life. I just hope no one was hurt because of that dumbass.

The trip with Nathaniel went very well. It was really nice to spend some time with him. We went all the way up to Ogdensburg, New York. I got to knock off several states on my list of states I've been to. West Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, and New York. I haven't seen that much snow on the ground since the blizzard of '93 that crippled the Carolinas. I think the most impressive thing were the 6' long icicles. That just doesn't happen in the south that often! The only part of the trip I didn't particularly care for was the not being able to bathe when I wanted. I don't like to be stinky! I guess it was par for the course.

I learned a lot about all the shit that Nathaniel has to put up with. It's a lot of hurry up and wait and people not being able to find their ass from their elbow. I love him even more for putting up with that shit for Geof and me. I actually cried this morning when Nathaniel had to leave, but I didn't let him see. I can't get over the fact that I wound up with such an incredible husband and father to our son. I must have been really good in a past life!

Speaking of being really good, Geof must have been super good this year because Santa was super super good to him! That kid really made out like a bandit! My parents got him a set of Tonka trucks (5 in all) and a huge Tonka dump truck...that is Geof nirvana! We got him some baseball cards, a train whistle and some big boy underwear among other things. He wasn't too excited about the Sponge Bob underwear, but he's wearing his first pair today! We have had a time trying to potty train this kid, so I'm hoping the underwear will help. So far, so good...we'll see how that goes!

I hope everyone had a great holiday season! Take care.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back, welcome back!

December 30, 2005 9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon