Tuesday, June 13, 2006

A Recommended Read

I've never been accused of being a huge bookworm, but I do enjoy a good read. Here lately I haven't had the desire to crochet, which had been my most consuming hobby until recently, and I needed something to occupy my time when Geof was busying himself. On a recent trip to visit my folks I asked my Dad if he could recommend a book. He brought me The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova. I finally finished reading it yesterday and I must say that I really enjoyed it. It was different from anything I've read before although it almost had a DaVinci Code air about it. Both deal with solving a great historical mystery and the danger that comes with discovery. However, The DaVinci Code dealt with Christ and The Historian dealt with Vlad Tepes...aka Vlad the Impaler...aka Dracula. All-in-all a very good read, that I highly recommend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon