Sunday, August 20, 2006

From The Mouths of Babes

Anyone who spends enough time around children will tell you that the stuff that comes from their mouths is priceless...and usually full of more truth than most adults. Here are some recent "truths" from my own little fountain of knowledge, Geof.

...just this morning...

"Poop is like thunder...big loud noises, and pee is like rain!"

...a few months ago...

Here's an outline of a recent conversation between Geof and myself.

Geof: "Mommy, what's a criminal?"
Me: {tries best to explain}
Geof: "Mommy, what's the government?"
Me: {falls over in a fit of hysterical laughter}

All of that from the kid who has referred to George W. Bush as a "turkey" since he was 2. Now if a 2 year old gets it, what does that say about the people of America who actually voted for the asshole? Now mind you, this was not coaxed out of him, he came up with it on his own. My grandfather is a die-hard republican. He got mad at my uncle for having a pro-democrat bumper sticker on his car during the last election. I do believe he would fall over dead if he ever heard Geof call Dubya anything but awesome. Kids are smarter than a lot of people give them credit for, maybe we should listen to them for once...it's not like things could get much worse.

*Disclaimer- This is my personal space on the web and while this is the platform I've chosen to voice my opinions, I realize that others may not share them and I respect that 100%. All I ask is that you respect mine in return, we'll agree to disagree and continue to behave like reasonable adults and keep on rockin' in the free world!

1 Comments:

Blogger Deneen said...

Of course kids are smarter and they say exactly what they feel-not cugar coated at all.

He's a smart one.

August 20, 2006 12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon