Wednesday, August 02, 2006

How Much Is That Doggie In The Window...

I woke up yesterday morning, walked outside to greet the day and what do I find? This cute pup! He was trotting up the road and I called out, "hey, pup!" and he came running over, tail wagging like he was happy to see me. I'd never seen him before. I gave him some ear scratches and belly rubs and returned to the cool of the indoors. Later I looked out and he was still sitting on the porch. By then it was getting fairly hot outside so I brought out a bowl of water. He stayed for he remainder of the day and I named him Boz. I was almost hoping he'd be around today, but he was not. I had decided that if he returned, I'd claim him. He had a flea collar on and he seemed pretty well-fed so I'm sure someone was missing him. He really was a sweet dog. He reminded me of how much I miss Tiffany, my mom's dog. A part of me started to believe that Boz was Tiffany in a different body....silly, I know. They had a lot of the same mannerisms. Who knows. I look forward to having a pet again and when I say pet I mean a dog, I'm done with cats. Period.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, what a cutie. Sounds like he took himeself out for a walk yesterday?

I miss having dogs. (I have partial custody of a dog--he's moved in with DD since he's her dog really, but we keep him during school breaks so she can travel and whatnot. So we have Loco now, but we have to give him back in three weeks.) But it'll probably be a good long while before I get another dog--I get so attached, and it's so hard when they're gone.

August 04, 2006 11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon