Thursday, September 14, 2006

F#@$ You Rival!!

When Nathaniel and I got married we were gifted a nice Rival crock pot just like this one.

We used it quite a bit during the cooler months until one day the handles fell off of the base! Soon after that, we found out that it and other Rival crock pot models had been recalled due to none other than faulty handles. I contacted the powers that be and sent in the required information and the plug to the base. That was over a year ago. We had actually almost forgotten about it until I saw the base in the shed....it's destined to be a planter at some point. I did a little poking around online and apparently I'm not the only customer with the same problem. I emailed Rival a few days ago with this short and sweet little note...

"A year ago now, I sent in the plug to my faulty crock pot base. I just want to know when I can expect the replacement base? This is absolutely unacceptable and from what I understand I am not alone."

...on Wednesday I got this in response...

Thank you for your email.

Your recall order number is ********* that you can use as a reference, you should receive your base in 7-10 days.

Thank you for contacting Rival

Joe

Jarden Consumer Solutions"

I'll believe that load of bullshit when I see the replacement base in person. What the hell?! It was a volunteer recall, why all the problems? Asshats!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

There are a lot of idiots in the world, and most of them work in customer service.

I hope you do get it soon.

September 22, 2006 12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon