Tuesday, October 24, 2006

The Sound of Silence...

...and then...there was noise. Nathaniel and Geof visited with my folks this weekend. They left early Sunday afternoon and returned late last night. I stayed home to enjoy the tranquility. I had hoped to do nothing but crochet, but I took the opportunity instead to get some things done around the house. I did crochet a little while watching game 2 of the World Series. Go Cards!! I shampooed the carpet in the living room...which needed it more than I like to admit to the world. I also got all the floors swept, mopped, and thoroughly cleaned. I had the house spotless by the time my boys returned. Now things aren't as pretty, but better than usual.

We also have a new addition to the family. We got another cat. She came spayed and with up-to-date immunizations...and she was FREE!! My mom works with a lady who apparently has a couple whore-cats and now has too many kitties to handle...14 I think was the last count. We haven't decided on a name yet. I like Olive, but no one else seems to agree. We'll see. Geof is usually good with picking out unusual names so we'll just wait and see what he comes up with this time. I would post some pictures but kitty hasn't learned yet to pose...or to be still longer than 2 seconds...

...Aha, success!! Here she is taking a break from grooming herself.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

cute kitty!

go cards!

October 24, 2006 9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I;ve noticed that when I have my alone time, I rarely just do what I want, I play catch-up around here.

Pretty cat-I'm getting Elena one some time next year.

October 24, 2006 9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sweet-looking kitty! I think she looks like an Olive.

October 24, 2006 12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon