Sunday, December 31, 2006

I'm Talking About A Resolution

In the spirit of the holidays I have joined the masses and made my New Year's resolutions. Actually it's just one resolution, and it's the same one I've made for several years straight now. I have resolved to quit smoking. Now I'm not going to fool myself or try to fool you by saying that I will stick to my guns and see this through. I'm human and I've been down this road before. I don't know if I'm going to succeed, but I do know that I'm going to succeed in trying and that is at least a start. I feel different this time though. Perhaps it's because I'm coming off of a pretty severe chest cold, or my favorite great uncle just had a severe heart attack on Christmas Eve, or that I have realized that I am my father's daughter and I'm following the same path he did...but I don't want to end up where he is. I'm tired of common colds knocking me on my ass, and of spending about $3 a day on something that is killing me. I hate the fact that when Geof and I are outside playing and he says "Run, Mommy, catch me!" I can't. I'm 24 years old, damn it! I really hate the fact that "cigarettes" is even in his vocabulary. Yeah, something's different this time...I actually have the want in me to quit. So, wish me luck! I will put out my last cigarette at 11:59pm this evening and start the New Year...well...anew! Good luck to everyone out there, and best wishes for the coming year!


1 Comments:

Blogger Deneen said...

Good luck Amanda and it's a good resolution!

December 31, 2006 11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon