Saturday, February 17, 2007

Chicago

..and no, I'm not referring to the musical or the movie. Chicago is the place we've decided to vacation this year. Last year we went to St. Louis and were totally spoiled. A lot of the things we did there were free or very cheap...and you know how much I love a bargain. In my research for things to do in Chicago, I've discovered that there are not a lot of things to do on the cheap there. Here are some lists because I love lists.

Free
  1. Lincoln Park Zoo
  2. Millennium Park
  3. The Art Institute of Chicago ...free Thursdays 5pm-8pm

Not Free
  1. The Field Museum
  2. Navy Pier
  3. Sears Tower Skydeck
That's about the extent of my research so far. We'll be there the last week of May into June. I've already picked out which yarn store I'm going to hit up..very excited about that, by the way. That's the only thing on my itinerary so far.

Now, I'd like to ask for some reader input, opinions, and answers. When we travel we have the whole "When in Rome" mentality, meaning that we like to do what the locals do. Of course we'll do some of the touristy stuff, like visit the Sears Tower, Navy Pier, or one of the ball fields. I would like to get some input on local eateries, places to shop, kid-friendly places, places to avoid, etc. Basically, how do you see Chicago on a budget? Even if you've never been can you recommend a website you've used that helped you plan a vacation that provided a sneak peek into what lies off the beaten path? Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon