Friday, February 02, 2007

Love Is In The Air

When I got married almost 5 years ago all of the wedding planning was done my yours truly. Usually, just like for first-time parents, opinions and offerings for help flow freely. Not so in my case. It was my own fault though, I knew what I wanted and didn't want to bother anyone. I married young, none of my friend were married then, and I had never been involved with planning a wedding. I was clueless! Now there's a new wedding to attend about every 6 months.

A friend of mine sent me the link to Wedding Needs. I'm amazed at what's out there! I had never heard of "save the date" and now they make the coolest magnets reminding guests to keep that date free. They also have a wedding budget tool. I'm pretty good at keeping up with expenses...and we all know how out-of-hand wedding planning can get...but it would have been nice to have a tool like this.

Hopefully I won't be planning any weddings any time soon (if I do, this is the invitation that will be sent out!), but I can look forward to anniversary milestones and celebrations. My parents celebrated their 25th anniversary a couple years ago, and my grandparents celebrated their 50th!! With the divorce rates as they are these days, I'm very lucky to have such great role models. If we live long enough, maybe Nathaniel and I will see our 75th...hey, it could happen!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Deneen said...

You're right, it could happen!

Nathanial and you faced a lot of challenges the past few years with his employment, etc and came through wonderfully-you guys are gonna be fine.

February 02, 2007 1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon