Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Go Shawty, It's Ya Birfday!!

photo courtesy of corbis.com
It's official, I have reached the half-way mark between my 20s and 30s. Does anyone know where the brakes are for this ride? It seems like once I hit 21 things started moving at warp speed. I hate it. I don't hate that I'm 25, I don't really care all that much about the actual number, I just feel like I'm falling behind my peers. Sure I've got the husband and the kid, but I don't have the career. I know, I know no one is ever too old to go back to school, and I fully intend to do just that when Geof starts Kindergarten. I just can't shake this feeling of being left in the dust. When I was younger and thinking about my future I saw myself at 25 with a nursing degree and already 3 years work experience. I'm not even close to that at this point. I'm not complaining about where I am right now in my life, I'm just itching to get my running shoes back on!

2 Comments:

Blogger Deneen said...

Happy Birthday Young un! It all falls into place, I swear it does and it will.

March 07, 2007 11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!

(Don't feel bad. I'll be 34 next week and I'm still not sure what I want to be when I grow up...)

March 07, 2007 6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon