Saturday, April 28, 2007

Thank You

Just wanted to thank everyone for the messages and well wishes. They've been much appreciated.

My Mom is doing extremely well considering what she's been through. Every doctor and nurse that has treated her thus far have commented on how lucky she is. Apparently 3 out of 5 people who have the same condition as her arrive at the hospital in a coma, dead, or don't make it there at all. So, there's proof that all the positive energies sent her way are working.

Everyone is still trying to come to terms with what's happened. It still hasn't really sunk in with me just how close we came to losing her. For anyone out there who knows my family's history knows that my Dad is the one who's usually sick, and it's been his death that I've been preparing myself for the last 5 years. Major role reversals going on here.

As of last night she is doing well and still in ICU listed as critical but stable. She had a CT scan yesterday that showed no major changes which is good because it means she's not actively bleeding in her brain. She should be there for another day or two and in the hospital for a total of 2 weeks.

So, thanks again for all the well wishes and I ask that you keep them coming. We've still got a long road ahead. Take care, have a great day, hug the people you love and tell them what they mean to you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Deneen said...

I am so glad you posted and your mother is doing so well-still sending good thoughts.

April 28, 2007 10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon