Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Getting Paid To Post

I took the plunge the other day and signed up with Pay Per Post, a blog marketing company. It's a lot like blogsvertise.com but you have more choices on topics to write about, plus the range in compensation is much more. The least amount I've seen has been $5 and the highest is in the hundreds. This is the first post I've made with them and the pay out is $10! I think the best feature is the choices you have. I've posted a few things for blogsvertise.com in the past, but assignments come in maybe once a month and while I can choose to accept or decline them, they all..well..suck. With Pay Per Post there is a decent-sized list of different topics on which to post. Another great feature is the fact that you can post your honest opinions. Granted, some advertisers want mostly positive feedback, but not all. Some businesses wanting bloggers to write about them are just looking for buzz for their new product or services, something to get the word out, and others simply ask for a review. The best part is that it's a lot easier and faster for me to write about my personal feelings towards a product or service rather than making up bullshit about something that I don't really care about thus making it much more fun.

The only thing I don't like about Pay Per Post is the fact that some advertisers don't allow certain domains. This means, for example, that some opportunities aren't available to me because my blog's web address has "blogspot.com" at the end. I can understand why some companies do this, perhaps they're looking for more "legitimate" outlets or outlets that might generate more cash flow on their end or reach a broader audience. That's fine with me. There seems to be only a few of those with plenty of other opportunities for me.

So I jumped on the bandwagon, call me a sellout. I am a stay-at-home mom and I contribute nothing financially to my family. This, while I don't have the patience to turn it into an uber profitable venture, still allows me at least to not be so dependent which I can appreciate. I may not make a fortune but at least I can buy yarn a little less guilt free!

If anyone out there would like to join just click the Pay Per Post button <---- over there on the left, or the button at the bottom of this post that says "Review My Post". I've had nothing but good experiences so far. Just thought I'd share my latest find and to warn you that I'll probably be posting with more frequency now so beware!



edited to add......
...after submitting this post to Pay Per Past I learned that you can choose to save or donate your your fee to American Red Cross or Habitat for Humanity...how cool is that?!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon