Friday, August 17, 2007

Chirp, Chirp

Anyone else hear the sound of crickets? Things have been pretty slow around here. Not much to blog about as you might have noticed. My Mom is scheduled for surgery on Monday to have her remaining brain aneurysm clipped. Geof and I are heading down to my folks place tomorrow morning so things will be a lot quieter around here in the meantime.

Nathaniel will be coming home on the 21st instead of the 27th so we'll get to celebrate our anniversary a little early. I've finally decided what I'm going to give him this year. As I mentioned in a previous post, it will be our "Wood" anniversary...I know, it makes me giggle, too! I'm either going to wrap a single acorn or use my wood burning tool to draw a picture of an acorn with the word "solidity" (the symbolism in an Oak tree) written above it on a piece of wood and give that to him. Eventually when acorns are ready to be harvested we'll plant one which will grow into a tree, hopefully, and plant the tree somewhere on our property. I think it's a sweet sentiment and I hope he appreciates it.

Geof is doing well. He's not too keen on the idea of going to daycare, but we talk about it a lot and I try my best to answer his questions. After my Mom's surgery I'll really put my nose to the grindstone to find a job for me and a quality/affordable daycare for him. I know he's going to love it once he gets settled, but I'm not looking forward to the adjustment period for the both of us.

I hope everyone is enjoying the last few weeks before school starts back. I'm very much looking forward to the Fall, mostly for the break in this heat! It's been extremely dry here too so our plants and garden don't look like much this year. Hopefully we'll still get a few tomatoes. We had a late frost in the Spring and got a late start planting so we haven't had any ripe tomatoes and I haven't had a tomato sandwich yet this year! I'm drooling just thinking about it!

1 Comments:

Blogger Deneen said...

I'm sending great thoughts for your mom-

If Geoff is starting pre-K this year, his school might have a latch key program-

August 18, 2007 6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon