Thursday, October 25, 2007

Mr. Independent

Where did the time go? Geof decided to make his own sandwich the other day and did a pretty good job. He even offered to make a sandwich for me. I guess it's because I'm a sappy Mom, I grabbed the camera to document this "milestone". I hate not feeling needed although I will admit that it is sort of nice that he can do more for himself. He is almost 5 years old after all and some days I really cannot believe it. I don't remember what it was like when he wasn't around. I must have been bored all the time then...I know for sure I didn't laugh as much as I do now...or say "Stop!" "No!" and "Don't!" quite as often. My baby's growing up. Having the privilege to witness his journey thus far has been one hell of a ride. So today sandwiches, tomorrow who knows?

1 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

That's awesome.

I belong to a mom's group and we all got together with the husbands last weekend for a pot luck.

One of the dads said: "Baby Center says they should be holding their head up at this age, walking at this age --- but what I really want to know is when will they be usefull?"

Another mom answered, "30. I think they start becoming more self sufficient around 30 years old."

But Geof offered to make you a sandwich?! And he's not even 30 yet.

That's amazing.

October 30, 2007 12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon