Thursday, November 08, 2007

The Mist

I'm not a huge fan of horror flicks but I do enjoy the genre. Has anyone seen the new trailer for The Mist by Stephen King? Go check it out if you haven't, it will give you goosebumps! Anything that Stephen King is involved with is sure be great horror story telling.

The gist of The Mist is a group of people are trapped in a grocery store by a mist that settles over their town after a storm. Some people believe that the mist is natural, some believe super natural, and others believe that it is the end of days. This divides the group pitting them all against each other. The story revolves around two main characters; a man, David Drayton and his son, Billy. David is the first person to figure out that there are things out in the mist...monsters of some sort. Things only dreamed of. Survival depends on the people uniting and working together. As people lose all sense of reason in the face of fear and panic David begins to wonder if he fears more, the creatures veiled by the mist or the people in the store. Sounds like another great story by the legendary author!

I remember watching Pet Cemetery and Misery back when they first came out. Images from both movies still haunt me. Like the part in Pet Cemetery when the boy slices the Achilles tendon of that old man. Or in Misery when the lady placed the board between the man’s legs and then took a sledge hammer to his ankles!! Oh the horror…I love it! I can’t wait for The Mist to come out…November 21st if you’re wondering. My Dad and I usually go to the movies together around Thanksgiving, kind of a tradition. He’s the only other person I know who can stand a suspenseful movie, plus he’s a long time fan of Stephen King. Perfect!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon