Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Mommy Time

You know what's great about having some 'Mommy time'? Here, let me make a list!

  • * Going to the bathroom and not having an audience
  • * The almost eerie silence
  • * Actually being able to hear my own thoughts
  • * Not saying 'stop', 'no', and 'don't' 846,876,401 times a day
  • * Being able to step out of the shower and not worry about flashing the kiddo
  • * Playing my music as loud as I want
  • * Crocheting time
  • * Not watching anything on Disney Channel
  • * Not having to worry about providing a balanced diet for the kiddo
  • * Not answering a Bajillion questions
  • * Eating ice cream for breakfast
  • * Being able to read a book chapters at a time instead of sentences
  • * Getting chores done without any 'help'
  • * Getting some online Christmas browsing done
  • * Purposely burping or farting without guilt
  • * Knowing that the kiddo is having a wonderful time too
You know what's not so great?

  • * Missing sloppy goodnight kisses
  • * Not getting little boy hugs that are almost too-tight
  • * Not hearing 'I love you, Mom'
  • * Not having my daily belly laugh session
  • * Not being able to kiss the kiddo's chubby little cheeks
...this list could go on and on and on.

Nathaniel is on vacation this week and he and Geof went up to Illinois for a few days to visit his parents. I got to stay home...alone! It's been great, really. I've gotten so much done that I've been putting off. The boys left early Sunday morning and will be back tomorrow afternoon. I'm ready to have them both back home...at least, I think so!

1 Comments:

Blogger cube said...

Don't let guilt ruin your down time. Enjoy it while you have it.

November 26, 2007 1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon