Thursday, April 24, 2008

Day Tripping with the Grandparents-in-law


Nathaniel's Grandparents came for a short 2-day visit yesterday. They got in late in the afternoon and treated Geof and me to dinner at the local Chinese restaurant...yum! Today we toured the Biltmore House during their festival of flowers. Grandpa is an avid gardener and toured the grounds while Grandma, Geof, and I toured the house. Afterwards we drove around to the barns, ate a picnic lunch, watched a chicken lay eggs, petted a few sheep, ate some ice cream and Geof got to churn butter! It was a great little day trip. I've been to the Estate maybe twice before when I was much younger and remembered being impressed with the size of the place then and still today. It's a bit on the pricey side to visit, but well worth it. It can be a bit overwhelming and you could easily spend a whole day or more there. I'm thinking about taking my Mom for Christmas. She's mentioned wanting to go for years now and Christmas is a great time...from what I've heard...because they go all out decorating it. If you ever find yourself in Asheville, NC you should seriously consider checking it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon