Monday, June 23, 2008

Deadbeat Blogger, teeth, and other matters

I suck and I don't want to hear any arguments to the contrary! We're all moved in but there are still a couple boxes that haven't yet been unpacked. You spend 5 years learning just how much junk every little nook and cranny can handle and how to configure and store said junk and when you move to a slightly larger space it's hard to fill the void! Sounds crazy, I know....well it does if that last sentence made any sense. I'm very pleased with the new digs and I'm now to the fun decorating part and it's sending my creative juices flying...that's a gross mental image, sorry. My brain is so overloaded with ideas that it's beginning to short circuit and nothing much is getting done on the decorating front. Oh, and don't even get me started about my trip to Lowe's to check out the paint selection!

Now on to the teeth portion of this post to which the title eluded. Today at 3:10pm I will be getting the first 2 of 4 teeth ripped from my head. Yeah, I'm really excited. Small mouth + super far back/tightly packed teeth + years without dental insurance = Cavities requiring either extraction or hours of awkward positions and painful fillings. I was actually relieved when the dentist suggested having them pulled. I have to basically unhinge my jaw in order to open it wide enough to allow much work to be done back there. It's uncomfortable to say the least. The fact that I have to get my teeth pulled because of their condition is very embarrassing and I can't believe I'm putting all this out there for the world to use against me but, shit happens right? It's not like my personal hygiene is lacking because of things within my control. Tight spots and big hands...you do the math.

In other news George Carlin is dead. That sucks. He wasn't exactly a comedian from my generation but what kid (or adult for that matter) doesn't giggle through his "7 dirty words you can't say on TV" bit? He was and still is one of my favorite comedians of all time. He will be missed.

3 Comments:

Blogger Deneen said...

My husband adored George Carlin-although the last show we saw him perform, he had trouble walking and I'm surprised he was only 71-drugs and a rough life I guess.

The teeth-it's genetic and surprisingly, I have a small mouth too-I should have braces, however because of tightly packed teeth they mentioned pulling several teeth and I just said "forget it". When I had my wisdom teeth pulled (two pulled and two done in the hospital), the side of my mouth actually tore on each side a bit because of the small opening-my husband finds this bizarre, however it's true.

Good luck with it!

June 23, 2008 1:09 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Good luck with the redecorating of the house and mouth.

Sorry to hear about George Carlin. I hadn't heard that he died. Sad. He was one of my favorites too. I really liked his "Alpha-male on beta-blockers" monologue. Maybe there
s a transcript of it somewhere. I'm off to Google it.

All my best,

June 23, 2008 1:39 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Found it:

http://www.futurehi.net/archives/000548.html

June 23, 2008 1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon