Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Title Shmitle

I hope the New Year finds you all well. I just had a really depressing moment just now. Here I was thinking all day that today was Thursday. I was excited because Nathaniel is due home this weekend (either Friday or Saturday). I checked the calendar on the computer here only to discover that it is only Wednesday. I hate when that happens. We failed to get a 2006 calendar so I feel like I'm kinda out of the loop.

This post has no point, I'm just bored and feel like typing. Upon returning from The Road, we found out that while we were away our neighbor's house was burglarized. The punks took a TV, some medication, money, jewelry, and a couple pistols. They used a big rock to break the glass in the back door and then let themselves in (they were caught 4 hours later). Luckily my neighbor wasn't home. She's an elderly lady who lives alone. I also cringe to think what would have happened if I had been home. I can't see her back door from inside my house so I would have had to go outside to inspect things...and I would have if I'd heard the breaking glass. I told Nathaniel that I want a handgun for my birthday. Nothing too pussy and definitely not a hand cannon. Just something that could maim and possibly kill should the need arise. Nathaniel has some shotguns, but I'm not comfortable with them. Plus, I'd rather have something that isn't so noisy when loading the ammo. I hate drama, I really do. Our home alarm system is on the fritz and isn't working so I'm on-edge 24-7. I feel violated and it wasn't even my home that was broken into. Did I mention that I hate drama?

Let's see, what else can I babble on about...? Hmmm, January is full of birthday's for my family. Here they are in order(I'm sure you couldn't care less, this is just to help set my internal alarm clock thingy)...my Dad (10th), cousin Emily (26th), Nathaniel (28th), Mom (30th), and Geof (31st). That's right, my little baby will be 3 years old. 3!!! I honestly don't know where the time has gone. Before long he'll be talking back, eating everything in sight, messing up the house...wait....he already does all that! I wish I could slow time a little bit. I try to enjoy each day as it comes, but they just fly by way too fast. ...sigh...

This part of the post has nothing to do with anything. I'm typing this whole post as a stream of consciousness kind of thing. I've heard a couple really good quotes lately that have stuck with me. "I live for the times I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget." and.......well, crap I've forgotten the other one, but it was good. Maybe it will come to me later.

Well, I guess that's all for now. Take care and hug your babies because when they start walking, they start walking away.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

The title made me laugh an embarrassing amount.

January 05, 2006 9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon